Thursday, January 25, 2018

Personal Introduction

     This long ride into the aviation industry started only a few years ago, sometime in 2012. I didn't grow up in an aviation family or have any affiliation with the industry but I think the desire to do something different, and not be what people expected of me drove me to think of alternative career paths that I'd enjoy, make good money and command some prestige from my peers and family. Engineering and architecture where possibilities until my aunt told me of how her late husband passed. Turns out, he was a pilot. Didn't die on the job but that was the first I heard of or actually thought of flying or aviation as a career. After that, I couldn't get this fantasy of being a pilot out of my head and in a bigger way than I thought made me decide to find out what was what in the aviation industry. 
     Anyway, after a few years in a few places and gathering information here I am. Currently, my major is in aviation management and dispatch with a general business minor and I intend to graduate in the spring on 2019.
     The future is something no one knows, we can try to predict and work towards goals but we just don't know. My plans for the future is to work as a dispatcher for Air Georgian, a Canadian regional airline for Air Canada while working on my masters and eventually work my way up to work for Air Canada itself.
     Moving on in this class the main things I'd like to be covered include, job opportunities, options for young graduates with little or no experience, progressing through the ranks, leadership, career after aviation (after active flying/managing/dispatching etc) and possibly awareness for the industry for the general public and within the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment