Sunday, March 7, 2021

Different types of In-Text Citations

 I watched the video on different in-text citations and it was very informative. I didn't have to watch it multiple times like I usually do with course materials so it must have really caught my attention. I have utilized in-text citations in my half draft but only the one type. I like to be multi dimensional  so I will use the different types moving forward. 

Something else that I thought was very interesting was the third example she gave in the video. Basically, you can quote what was said twice while adding your two cents in-between the two different quotes from the resource and then citing it after the second quotation. I have this little book that helps with academic citations and it doesn't have that in there so it was intriguing. Now, I am interested in knowing if we can use more than two quotations for that. So maybe have three or four but I will also have to ask the Writing center when I reach out to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment