Sunday, March 7, 2021

Half Draft Criticism Part 2

 Continuing from the last post, I received criticism about the flow of the paper. It is too conversational as opposed to more professional and academic. That was part of my intention so that my audience and readers can enjoy it and understand where I'm coming from with my main point with the paper. I understand that because it is for this class and not a novel writing class it should be more academic but I'm not sure that having a conversational paper takes away from the academic sources and intent of the paper. Regardless of my reservations, I have to adjust and submit a paper that is good and will help me pass the class. 

There was a good point made about the opposing argument in my paper. In the half draft there wasn't enough of an opposing argument in the piece I submitted. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was having difficulty finding opposing arguments I also implied that the paper was half done and not complete. I do agree with that criticism and it's fair but that is the back story that makes it understandable. It will be improved before the final draft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment