Sunday, March 7, 2021

Other Writings

 I have to say I usually enjoy writing. I like putting my thoughts to paper and just write what I feel and see and think. Possibly why I write in a conversionary manner. Learning more restrictive, academic forms of writing is good for professional work but also good for diversifying purposes. I have thought of starting a blog but I only posted a couple posts. I should revisit that idea. 

In another class I'm writing about BREXIT. For those that are unfamiliar with what BREXIT is, it is basically the United Kingdom's attempt to be independent of the European Union (the EU). On the face of it, it doesn't make sense when there are so many benefits from remaining a part of the EU but there has to be a reason that they voted for leaving the EU or voted for BREXIT so that was the basis of my paper for that class. 

It is also a broad subject so I had to narrow it down to how that affects sports in the country especially football, that we call soccer. The reason for that is because I play for leisure now but I used to play professionally a long time ago when I was a teenager for my age group. If I had gone down that path maybe I wouldn't be in this class right now but I watch it religiously every week as well. The sport in England is heavily dependent on international talent so my paper is about the effects on the sport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment